Tuesday 6 October 2015

Pssst! Over here. I'm in disguise at the moment as quite frankly I'm seriously out of my comfort zone and I'm feeling a little bit exposed. 



My first observation is that First Class post does not equal the First Class travel I was promised, that franking machine really smarted. I seem to have landed on the edge of a town surrounded by quite big hills and lots of trees. Flower- my hostess- says they are the Cotswolds but I don't tend to take much notice at night when I'm out on missions.

Right lets start going through the motions so I can get back to my world asap, I really don't think there is anything I don't know about diabetes. a bit of insulin or some tablets go in, a bit of food follows, sorted. That's why I try to add some interest and variety to your lives, I'm really not doing it for my own good. She's already moaned on about the bad media coverage diabetes gets, well try being the Diabetes Fairy, I never read anything remotely good about myself just wall to wall whingeing and calling for my head when things are going awry. It 's time to redress the balance.

There was no one on reception when I arrived so I had a look around and chose the Grosvenor Suite for myself and unpacked. I rang and rang for room service but nothing appeared so I helped myself to the contents of the Mini Bar, Lucozade and Jaffa Cakes! What on earth is that all about? 

Flower seems a reasonable enough hostess but Sparkling Fairydust I've never, ever seen a pair like this before!



You cannot seriously tell me that is related to diabetes, no way. She says it's a really extreme complication of nerve and bone damage caused by many years of Type 1 and not to scare anyone because it is exceedingly rare, nevertheless she certainly has a good point about the importance of good foot care and constant vigilance with your feet.

I've just been told I'm going to meet a wizard next. Ooh, best put on my lippy and perfume, he might be the one!



Why on earth does she not use her brain to work out her insulin,  how hard can it be?  Anyone with a PhD in advanced calculus could work out the right dose for 20 g of carbs at a ratio of 1 unit to 18 g with a blood sugar of 5.4 mmol/L and no active insulin, I mean quite obviously the answer is.......... well yes, I thoroughly agree with the wizard, he's done well this time. He might be alright at maths but what a bore!


That's me done for now but I'll update tomorrow with a day in the life of a Type 1, she's promised to take me to town for an exploration. Do you know, I'm beginning to think this just might be fun..... DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment